How do I get to the contrib dir that I keep hearing about

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Jul 15 21:37:22 CEST 2005

The nagios version (2.0b3) has nothing to do with the plugins version.
They are created and distributed separately and are independent. You can
use any version of the plugins with any version of netsaint/nagios but
newer is better of course ;). There has been a contrib dir in every
release of the plugins that I've used in the last 4 years or so as far
as I can remember. If you download the plugins from
http://nagiosplug.sf.net and untar the archive you'll find a directory
named 'contrib' with user-contributed plugins. They don't undergo the
same kind of coding and testing as the standard plugins but they
generally work quite well. If you've installed the plugins using a
package manager you may need to hunt around to find them if they're
installed as part of the plugins package or they could be a separate
package entirely. It all depends on the maintainer of the package.

--
Marc

it?