check_oracle plugin and $ORACLE_HOME

Petrucci, Joseph Joseph.Petrucci at ddiworld.com
Fri Jul 15 13:09:59 CEST 2005

First What version of Oracle are you runnning? I wrote my own plugins since I really could not find any I liked. I use a few methods to check if Oracle is up. First I have a plugin that uses ssh to logon (RSA no password) and simply look for the pmon process is running. Then I have one that logs onto the Oracle instance and does a select from the v$instance view to read the name of the instance to make sure it matches. I also use check_http and have a page on my web-server that connects to the instance and pulls the instance name from it. There are many other things you can do such as listener status, and pulling performance information. They are not ready to be published but I can send you the plugins I have, maybe between the two of us we can get them up to speed and publish them.