Frustrations w/ Nagios -- newbie

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Jul 14 21:20:43 CEST 2005

This is most often caused by a typo or misconfiguration in one of your
cfg files. Run bin/nagios -v etc/nagios.cfg to have nagios test your
config files. Another possibility is that the file you are editing is
locked and unreadable by apache. Since the CGI's read those for every
request, they'll bomb out with that error if they can't read one of the
files. I suspect that the former is more likely however.

--
Marc

As