Nagios home page issue

Terry L. Inzauro tinzauro at ha-solutions.net
Wed Jul 13 21:38:44 CEST 2005

Mohan, Ajit (CFSA) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I try and access nagios home page (http://ipaddress/nagios/) I
> get "Access Forbidden" Page 403 message.You don't have permission to
> access the requested object. It is either read-protected or not readable
> by the server"
> I don't have any specific settings other than the one listed in the
> nagios document. As per the doc, I should be able to access the /nagios/
> directory even before configuring any authorisation or starting the
> nagios service.
> I am using SUSE 9.0 with Apache2
>
> Can someone please help. Here are my settings in default-server.conf
>
> scriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/nagios/cgi/
> <Directory "/usr/lib/nagios/cgi">
> AllowOverride AuthConfig
> Options ExecCGI
> Order allow,deny
> Allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> Alias /nagios/ /usr/share/nagios/
> <Directory "/usr/share/nagios/">
> Options None
> AllowOverride AuthConfig
> Order allow,deny
> Allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> Error in apache logs
>
> [Wed Jul 13 04:24:22 2005] [error] [client 10.9.66.31] client denied by
> server configuration: /usr/share/nagios/
> [Wed Jul 13 04:24:25 2005] [error] [client 10.9.66.31] client denied by
> server configuration: /usr/share/nagios/
>

> Any help is greatly appreciated
>

> Thanks
> Ajit

even though this is an apache question....

- make sure that there is an index.xxx file in there
(/usr/share/nagios/) somewhere.
- make sure that the perms are set ok on the file in there
(/usr/share/nagios/)
- perhaps start with less restrictive and then work tword more
restrictive....

	<Directory "/has/nagios/share/">
     		AllowOverride AuthConfig
     		Order allow,deny