Central nrpe config-management

James Turnbull james at lovedthanlost.net
Mon Jul 11 12:41:49 CEST 2005

derfrecheDachs at gmx.net wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I´d like to know if there is a solution for this problem and how it works if
>there are different config-files on the  clients.
>How about the way to have the same cfg-file on the clients with not used
>(deacivated) services ??
>Any other solution possible ??
>

>Thnx Horst

We used cfengine (http://www.cfengine.org/) to distribute our nrpe and
other config files.  We had a script which ran over the config file and
enabled or disabled the services we wanted on each machine.  This also
meant you could change the services being montitored by running the
script.  Was just a very simple Bash script that used sed.  I am sure
you could do something much more impressive with Perl.

Regards

James Turnbull

--
James Turnbull <james at lovedthanlost.net>