UPS Monitoring

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Fri Jul 8 17:42:38 CEST 2005

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005, PD wrote:

> On Friday 08 July 2005 08:57, Steve Shipway wrote:
>> We monitor ours via SNMP.  I have no idea what the interface card is,
>> though, although it seems to use a standard UPS part of the MIB tree.
>> Here's the config if you're interested (suitably obfuscated):
>>
>> -Steve
>
> Thx Steve,
>
> I've to see SNMP MIB first for this purposes.
> I did see the MIB number before but can not recall where (on CD directory).
>
> I will choose the best ways (using ups_check plugin or MIB code).
>
> Can anyone give me the suggesions ?
>
> Regards
>
> PD

In order to run check_ups, you need to be running Network UPS Tools (NUTs)
instead of the vendor provided software.

If the cable is the same as a Fenton UPS cable thats fine, but of more
inportance is the protocol.  You mentioned the software was RUPS, hence my
guess is RUPS protocol.

Both fenton and rups are supported by NUTs.

--

-sg