UPS Monitoring

PD paul at ranahminang.net
Fri Jul 8 03:55:54 CEST 2005

On Thursday 07 July 2005 20:47, Subhendu Ghosh wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Jul 2005, PD wrote:
> > hi all,
> >
> > Has anyone has en experience of using Nagios for UPS monitoring ?
> > We use local UPS (brand ICA) with RUPS interface card from megatec
> > (http://www.megatec.com.tw/)
>
> If that UPS is supported by Network UPS Tools (networkupstools.org) as a
> generic RUPS model, you will be able to use check_ups plugin.
>
> Otherwise SNMP support for UPS monitoring exists with check_apc_ups

The UPS vendor just send me an interface module, ups mainboard interface
cable, serial cable and software CD.

The software on CD only for Windows (all version) and linux. The software
under linux only doing the job to do a proper shutdown 10 minutes after
commercial power down BUT does not have any options for custom rules for all
evens such as sending an email, sms, etc.

On readme file, I found that the serial cable schema is exactly the same with
explained at
http://www.fentonups.com/Support___Service/Cables___Comm_Info/cables___comm_info.html

How can I do a test of check_ups plugin on UPS and where (URL) to get it ?

Regards

PD