cgi extended information disappeared

Kurt Yoder ktynagios at richard-group.com
Wed Jul 6 21:23:11 CEST 2005

Hi list

Nagios is an excellent monitoring package, so thanks to the author(s)
for writing it.

I recently upgraded my Debian server to Sarge. Nagios continued to
function properly after the upgrade, with one exception: I no longer
see my extended host/service information icons on the status web page.
I've looked around on Google and in the documentation, but I can't find
anybody else who has mentioned this problem.

My nagios version is now 1.3. I'm not certain what it was before the
upgrade, although it was probably less than a year old.

In my cgi.cfg, I have these two lines which are supposed to include the
(unchanged) extended information for each host and service:

xedtemplate_config_file=/etc/nagios/hostextinfo.cfg
xedtemplate_config_file=/etc/nagios/serviceextinfo.cfg

The services file starts off like this:

define serviceextinfo{
         name                    rrd-service
         register                0
         icon_image              graph.jpg
         icon_image_alt          Performance graph
         notes_url
/nagiosgraph/show.cgi?host=$HOSTNAME$&service=$SERVICEDESC$
         }

define serviceextinfo{
         use                     rrd-service
         service_description     Check disks
         host_name
ads1-vpn,db1-vpn,db2-vpn,db3-vpn,files,greatdance-vpn,newns1-
vpn,newns2-v        }

As mentioned, everything else is working properly. Did the syntax for
extended info recently change? I tried copying the serviceextinfo
objects directly into cgi.cfg, but this didn't make a difference.

Any help is appreciated; thanks!

--
Kurt Yoder