Web authentication issues

Davy Gaussen nagiosadmin at snef.fr
Wed Jul 6 12:00:03 CEST 2005

Hi everyone,

I have a weird problem in the Nagios web authentication.

I have set all the parameters in httpd.conf (scriptalias, etc...), create htpasswd.users file, .htaccess file, cgi.cfg, set the rights permissions on these files, etc.... And then, I can authenticate with a user but I see "logged in as ?" in Nagios. So I do not have any rights to see cgi pages. And, when I change the cgi.cfg option parameter "default_user_name=nagios" for instance, I can now login in with the user yann (for instance) BUT I see "logged in as nagios" in the Nagios frontend. If I remove the cgi parameter, the "logged in as ?" appears again.

Could someone help me please ?

Davy