obsess_over_service in services.cfg

Bill Akins Bill_Akins at emoryhealthcare.org
Tue Jul 5 21:53:40 CEST 2005

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/configmain.html#obsess_over_services

>>> "Jay Nakamura" <jnakamura at akento.com> 7/5/2005 3:29 PM >>>

What does the obsess_over_service option in service configuration do?

I want to be able to send service check result to another server but
only for select few services.

I have tried setting

obsess_over_services = 1

in main config, then

define service {
    <snip>
    obsess_over_service 0
    </snip>
}

in services.cfg for all the services that I don't want sent to main
server.

This still results in all services sent to the main server.

If I do the reverse and set

obsess_over_services = 0

in main config, then set obsess_over_service in service.cfg to 1 for
those I want to send but 0 for ones I don't want to send, nothing gets
sent.

Is this suppose to work like I want to?

I didn't find any comment in the documentation for obsess_over_service
in services.cfg

Any help will be appreciated.

Just FYI, I am running nagios v1.2 from nagios-1.2-2.1.fc3.rf.rpm