nagios.cmd Permissions and External Commands

Jason Qualkenbush jqualkenbush at iso-ne.com
Tue Jul 5 17:10:36 CEST 2005

Joe Regular wrote:
> Permissions are set as follows:
> drwxrwxr-x   4 nagios nagios  288 Jul  5 11:55 var
> drwxrwsr-x  2 nagios nagioscmd   80 Jul  5 10:11 rw
> prw-rw----  1 nagios nagioscmd   0 Jul  5 10:11 nagios.cmd
>
> Does this look correct, or should the ~/var directory be "drwxrwxr-x   4 nagios nagioscmd  288 Jul  5 11:55 var"?

This brings up a question for me.  On the 'rw' directory, I always just
made the owner apache:apache.  If I issue a command via the web page,
the file that gets created is going to be written by apache, not nagios.

This says to do it a different way
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/commandfile.html

Would I run into problems keeping the web server and nagios seperate?
Nagios isn't the only website running so I figured it's better to keep
the two seperate.

--
-JasonQ-