AW: Perfdata invocation problem

Sand Philipp Philipp.Sand at sycor.de
Tue Jul 5 12:44:50 CEST 2005

> Hi Philipp,
>
> First of all, thanks for your response. Much appreciated!
You're welcome :-)

> > I had the same Problem with Nagios 2.0a1, but with b3 it just startet to
> work without Problems.
> > Are you sure the nagios User can call the insert.pl?
> > Is the logfile writable?
> > Did you tried to execute the script manually?
> > Have you turned on debug?
> Will check tomorrow (at work), since I just came home (we are 12h
> ahead of you... - New Zealand / Euro refugees from D ;-)).
:-) I plan to visit New Zealand next year, but that don't belongs to this list I think ;-)

> If you want to do me a favour you could have a look at your [working]
> configuration and let me know if I miss out something.
> Anyhow, have a smooth day!
Your config appears to look ok as far as you posted it.
Maybe you have to look at the path in the insert.pl (you have to config the path to your nagiosgraph.conf in the insert.pl and show.cgi! )

> PS: Played with passive checks today, as well (SNMPTT/SEC). Ran into
> "Service has not been scheduled yet", despite the fact that SEC's
> input goes into the nagios.cmd file and the external_* stuff in
> nagios.cfg is turned on. Any quick shots on that from your side,
> probably? :-)
The "Service has not been scheduled yet" is ok, because the Nagios Server which receives the passive checks won't schedule them unless you configure the passive check + an active check.
For SNMPTT you have to browse the list, there are pretty good posts for this in combination with windows eventlog checks in the list.

Have a nice day!
Philipp