nsclient memory check?

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Jul 5 05:03:18 CEST 2005

Can anyone confirm for me just exactly what is being checked by the NSClient
'MEMUSE' check?  (Currently using pNSclient v2.0.1)

I always assumed that it represented the Total and Available virtual memory,
which was then used to calculate percentage.  However, this no longer seems
to match observations.

As far as I can tell it seems to be returning the page file available and
used space, which is a bit odd.  It doesn't seem to match either physical or
virtual counts as reported by perfmon or sysinfo...  sadly, I do not have
the source code or documentation for it, and there seem to be no more web
sites supporting this software since ready2run dropped it and ran :).
Upgrading to NCNet is not an option as we cannot install .Net on our
servers.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Steve

---
Steve Shipway: ITSS, University of Auckland
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz  Web: http://www.steveshipway.org/
** We can only discover new oceans when we have the **
** courage to lose sight of the shore.              **