Monitoring HP ProLiant Linux servers -- Nagios vs. OVO vs. SIM

Minkov, Ross ross.minkov at hp.com
Mon Jan 31 18:07:51 CET 2005

Hey guys,

I need some feedback on this topic -- Monitoring HP ProLiant Linux
servers -- Nagios vs. OpenView Operations vs. Systems Insight Manager.

Let me know what worked best for you. I have a little experience with
each and I've seen things that I like in every one of them. In the end
I'd like to decide on one. I'd like to be able to monitor ping,
processes/services, hardware failures, etc. (the usual stuff) I have
~200 ProLiant servers, most of them running Red Hat (7.x, 2.1, 3) and
just few other distros.

TIA,
Ross