Indirect host and service checks to Wintelplatform

yu-ting_liu at agilent.com yu-ting_liu at agilent.com
Mon Jan 31 15:12:23 CET 2005

Hi,

Thanks for your replying!

In Nagio document it only mentioned the Indirect Host/Service Checks of NRPE, instead of NSCA. I have used one Linux box - intermediary agent behind firewall to collect all the client's host/service checking results, then central server gets all the information from this agent again. By this way I have implemented all UNIX clients indirect host/service checks because UNIX client's host/service checking uses nrpe. Now I want to do the same thing to all the Wintel clients, but Wintel client's checking is different, it uses NSCA (NSClient).

I am sill not clear about how window clients submit service (CPU/Disks...) checking result to central monitoring server by NSClient.

The server is running plugin "check_nt". Win2K clients are running NSClient and it seems to use send_nsca to send service checking result. So I get confused since NSclient can use send_nsca and send information to server's external command file why server still needs to run plugin "check_nt" to each Wintel client?

Thanks & Regards!
Yu Ting