Realtime 3d statusmap?

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Sat Jan 29 12:01:48 CET 2005

Jason Martin wrote:
> Has anyone seen any sort of project that could be used to
> implement a realtime* 3d statusmap? I'm not expecting it to be
> Nagios specific, but perhaps something that could be integrated.
>
> Thanks,
> -Jason Martin
>
> * as realtime as Nagios performs its status checks, of course.

This would be impossible without a proprietary client and server, since
http is a stateless protocol and the server can't force the browser to
reload when an event happens on the server side (it can set reload
timers, but not force them prior to timer).

Perhaps a Firefox extension could be of help, but I'm not all that wild
on coding them.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer