Error: Could not read host and service status information!

Sam Lee (ia2) ia2 at super.net.sg
Thu Jan 27 08:33:52 CET 2005

 I hope someone is reading this.

Have just finish installing and configuring Nagios 1.2 on my Fedora box.

Everything seems to be working fine, except that the web interface keeps
giving me this error message:
Could not read host and service status information

I'm testing Nagios right now and have started it using 'nagios
nagios.cfg' in the terminal. Ran it using root.

Also, when i click on the event log, it gave me an error message:
Error: Could not open log file '/var/log/nagios/nagios.log' for reading!

I've check that the path is valid.

Any help/advice will be much appreciated!

Regards,
Sam