Debian + libpng + libgd +statusmap.cgi == :-(

Jason Payne - iland Internet Solutions jason.payne at iland.com
Wed Jan 26 18:01:01 CET 2005

I cannot get the statusmap to work for the life of me.  The image doesnn't show up but I can hover my mouse over it and the box will come up for the appropriate device.  I've searched the mailing list and google and have not been able to simply get it working.

It's a cut and dry Debian installation that is dedicated to nagios only, and has only the necessary dependencies installed.

Do I need to download and install some dependencies manually?  This is driving me nuts.  I hope someone can help.

I have done a:
apt-get install libgd2
apt-get install libgd2-dev
apt-get install libjpeg62
apt-get install libjpeg62-dev
apt-get install libpng

Here starts the pasting:
nagios:~/nagios-1.2# ldconfig -p | grep libgd
libgd.so.2 (libc6) => /usr/lib/libgd.so.2
nagios:~/nagios-1.2# ldconfig -p | grep libpng
libpng.so.2 (libc6) => /usr/lib/libpng.so.2
nagios:~/nagios-1.2# ldconfig -p | grep libjp
libjpeg.so.62 (libc6) => /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62

I have the following files in /usr/lib:
libgd.a
libgd.so
libgd.so.2
libgd.so.2.0.1
libpng.a
libpng.so
libpng.so.2
libpng.so.2.1.0.12
libjpeg.a
libjpeg.la
libjpeg.so
libjpeg.so.62
libjpeg.so.62.0.0

nagios:~/nagios-1.2# rm config.cache
nagios:~/nagios-1.2# configure --with-gd-lib=/usr/lib --with-gd-inc=/usr/include
checking for gdImagePng in -lgd (order 1)... yes
GD library was found!

nagios.iland.com-error.log:
[Wed Jan 26 10:52:10 2005] [error] [client 198.78.170.1] Premature end of script
 headers: /usr/local/nagios/sbin/statusmap.cgi

Jason Payne
Network Operations
jason.payne at iland.com
voice: 1.800.697.7088