DNS plugin problem

Dan Hopkins dan.hopkins at uk.easynet.net
Wed Jan 26 10:43:56 CET 2005

check_dig will use the server you identify with -H <hostname>

The default check_dns action uses the resolver(s) configured on the nagios
host, unless you override it with --server=<some dns server>

check_dns primary function is to verify a DNS entry, although it will verify
a specific server (poorly), hence the slightly confusing parameters

Dan