Windows Client...

Anthony Montibello amontibello at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 07:36:02 CET 2005

The Problem (in my opinion) is with Ns_client.  It uses the registry
and other dll's to accomplish its work.  There is no way to give it a
name that has spaces because it is limited in how it handles these.
<service> should be the real name of the service, not the displayed
name. You can find this information when going to the registry for the
corresponding service :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services
or use the free utility: 'Service Manager NT' :
http://www-rnks.informatik.tu-cottbus.de/~fsch/english/nttols.htm
<<<<end quote from NS_Client Readme.html<<<<<<<

NC_Net uses the Service names that are in the services Dialog and
Process names that match the Taskmanager. I have been making NC_Net as
compatible to NS_cliant as I could.  NC_net is writen to work exacly
like NS_client, particularly with how it interacts with check)_nt.  I
tried to Minimize on direct changes to what NS_client was doing. For
instance modifying the Service Name to use the names and programs in
the services Dialog box seemed to make more sence than using the
regisry  (this does not nessisarly match the services dialog list)

Good luck
Tony