Windows Client...

Emmett Hogan EmmettH at Examen.com
Tue Jan 25 21:29:04 CET 2005

Andreas Ericsson wrote:

> NSClient (with any spelling) has been the dominant nagios agent for
> windows for a long time. Since it's not being actively maintained
> anymore we've decided to start testing with NC_Net, which is supposed
> to act as a drop-in replacement for NSClient. So far so good. It seems
> to work beautifully (although it consumes slightly more memory than
> NSClient) on all NT5 based platforms. Support for NT4 is not so good
> though, since .NET framework is required and seldom installed on older
> platforms.

Thanks for the info.  Since we have a number of NT4 servers, I guess
we'll stick with nsclient.  I am having a problem determining the status
of services and processes where the name contains one or more spaces.  I
have tried all manner of quoting but to no avail.  Any suggestions on
how to find out the exact service name to use? (We are using what shows
up in the services dialog box on the NT machine). :-(

Thanks again!

-Emmett