Can someone have a look please?

Stephan Janosch stephan.janosch at interface-business.de
Tue Jan 25 12:23:12 CET 2005

Andreas Ericsson wrote:
> Stephan Janosch wrote:
>
>> Hi nagios users!
>>
>> I'm trying to do a overview of nagios' core objects. The objects needed
>> for nagios to run. I also want to show the relations between these
>> "core" objects. So I did a nice(?) image.
>>
>> http://momocat.de/nagios/img4.jpg
>>
>> Did i miss something?
>>

> Yes. Hostgroups can have services, and hosts and contacts both use
> commands and timeperiods.

[snip]
I tried to show the absolute _minimum_. If I would to show all
possebilities, I would need a A2-sheet of paper or so. *g*

I relooked the manual: the entry "check_period" is red, but I defined no
check_periods in my nagios 2.0b1 config. Nagios did not complain about
that. So I guess, no check_periods are needed for hosts, or? If so, the
entry "check_period" can be colored black instead of red.

Notification periods are needed for hosts, I forgot *O_o* .
And yes, contacts need time periods, indeed.

Here an updated version: http://momocat.de/nagios/img4_2.jpg

Thanks again for looking at it.
Stephan