Progress and MS-SQL monitoring

Richard.Luys at vanderlet.nl Richard.Luys at vanderlet.nl
Tue Jan 25 17:51:43 CET 2005

Andreas,

> I've never heard of a Progress database server before. Sounds like
ripoff of the well-
> known and much-loved Postgres if you ask me. check_pgsql is included
in the standard
> plugin distribution. You need the postgres development files (headers)
as well as the
> shared (or static) client libraries installed for the plugin
distribution to find it.
Unfortunately, it's not a rip-off (made it a whole lot easier if it
was!), see http://www.progress.com for more information (this was NOT
meant as an advertisement, merely informative. We believe there are
better commercial and non-commercial databases out there, but
unfortunately we have a customer using this one...)

Again thanks for all the suggestions on where to look!

Richard