Multiple Nagios instances + NSCA

Jason Martin jhmartin at toger.us
Thu Jan 20 18:12:21 CET 2005

Has anyone done any work to manage multiple Nagios instances on
one machine and also make use of NSCA?  The problem I see is
that NSCA doesn't have any concept of multiple Nagios instances
and so can't route the message to the appropriate instance.

One could install multiple NSCA ports, but I am  hoping to avoid
that to simplify firewall configurations.  It looks like it'll
be necessary to put some sort of intermediary between NSCA and
the nagios command files that can determine where to send the
message.

Has anyone implementing such a thing?

Thanks,
-Jason Martin