R: Notify on sigle events

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Jan 19 16:46:38 CET 2005

Yes, certainly it can and there are plugins that do it. I know of at
least three check_log plugins that are included with the standard
plugins distribution --

./plugins-scripts/check_log.sh
./plugins-scripts/check_log
./contrib/check_log2.pl

Read the scripts to see what each is capable of and how to use them and
choose the one that suits your needs. Failing that, and it should work
for you, you could always use the guide on SNMP trap integration as an
alternative method as they both have similar requirements --

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/int-snmptrap.html

I would encourage you to use the check_log scripts though as the latter
method is really overkill.

--
Marc