R: R: Notify on sigle events

Marco Borsani m.borsani at it.net
Wed Jan 19 17:21:07 CET 2005

-}> Well, my customer want to receive notifications every time some
-}particular
-}> strings are written inside that log file.
-}> Probably Nagios can not do this ....
-}
-}Yes, certainly it can and there are plugins that do it. I know of at
-}least three check_log plugins that are included with the standard
-}plugins distribution --
-}
-}./plugins-scripts/check_log.sh
-}./plugins-scripts/check_log
-}./contrib/check_log2.pl
-}
-}Read the scripts to see what each is capable of and how to use them and
-}choose the one that suits your needs. Failing that, and it should work
-}for you, you could always use the guide on SNMP trap integration as an
-}alternative method as they both have similar requirements --
-}
-}http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/int-snmptrap.html
-}
-}I would encourage you to use the check_log scripts though as the latter
-}method is really overkill.
-}
-}--
-}Marc
-}

Well, I know check_log plugin but it still "change the status" when match
the "pattern" (third arguments of the check_log) in Critical and back to
normal if nothing change inside the log file.
The problem is that I need to send only one notification when match the
"pattern" but mainteining the OK status.

Marco