Announcement: KDE-KickerApplet to Nagios

Jaap Hogenberg jaap.hogenberg at marketxs.com
Wed Jan 19 15:44:30 CET 2005

Hi Gerd,

Thanks for your applet, it's exactly what I was looking for.

I have a problem though, I'm using nagios 1.2 and the applet
is always showing red (when I have the config set to version 1.x)
and on "mouse-over" it shows a bunch of services that are in fact
acknowledged.
But if I look at the page from your "index2.html" those do not show,
and looking at the line in index2.html w.r.t. the serviceprops and
servicestatustype etc. I'm a bit confused about how the applet parses
the information..... could you explain how the applet filters the
alerts ?

BTW, I found that it's not compatible with my (old , I know) KDE 3.2
but configure was OK with it, but during make I got:
/usr/lib/qt-3.2.1/bin/uic -L /opt/kde/lib/kde3/plugins/designer
-nounload -o prefsoundlayout.h ./prefsoundlayout.ui
uic: File generated with too recent version of Qt Designer (3.3 vs.
3.2.1)

Maybe configure should check the version of uic too ?

Regards,
Jaap Hogenberg