R: R: Notify on sigle events

Marco Borsani m.borsani at it.net
Wed Jan 19 15:16:37 CET 2005

-}Marco Borsani wrote:
-}> -}Perhaps you can write a wrapper or a plugin which can handle this
-}> -}particular situation.
-}> -}
-}> -}Stephan
-}> -}
-}>
-}> I wrote the plugin to check the log file, but I have not idea
-}how to handle
-}> the notifications because there are not CRITICAL and (after) OK
-}status (like
-}> usual).
-}>
-}> Marco
-}>
-}
-}Perhaps I missunderstood your problem. But If you need to monitor
-}something, than you also need to know, when there is a problem. If you
-}can't see at least two different states, I have no idea to monitor
-}something.
-}

Well, my customer want to receive notifications every time some particular
strings are written inside that log file.
Probably Nagios can not do this ....

Marco