probably already known issue, but i am new here.

Bob Eckhardt beckhardt at infonow.com
Tue Jan 18 18:53:05 CET 2005

nagios wizards,

nagios version 1.2

New install, checking certain hosts, mostly with ping for now. However

2 hosts that I use NRPE with will show green/ok for all the service checks
but then
out of the blue I get .....

            hostname   DOWN 01-17-2005 16:11:30 0d 23h 17m 49s (No output
returned from host check)

            Host Status: DOWN

            Status Information: (No output returned from host check)

If I restart nagios it says "host assumed to be up" and it is green ....for
a while.....then the above
happens again.......huh?

It's like the "host" check (whatever that is) fails, how can it not think
the "host" is ok if it can
check all the "services" on the host without a hitch?

Bob