alerts for a service that is not defined anymore..?

Daniel maher dmaher at acetechnology.com
Mon Jan 17 17:45:19 CET 2005

Hello all,

I'm currently receiving alerts for a service that no longer exists, and is no longer defined in Nagios.  I commented out the service entry in services.cfg, and restarted (clean, not HUP) the Nagios process.  The service is not visible in any part of the web interface, and all traces of it in the configuration files are commented out; yet, I am still receiving alerts every 10 minutes about the fact that the service is in a critical state.

Any ideas?  I'm getting tired of deleting these alerts. :(

Daniel Maher
System Engineer
ACE TECHNOLOGY INC.
100, boul. Alexis-Nihon, suite 593