Problems with make install-config

Joel Dunifon joelseph at watchtv.net
Sat Jan 15 17:03:51 CET 2005

    I want to try out nagios-2 but after installing and running a make
install-config for sample config it appears as though there are sample
configs missing.  Anyone else had this problem?  Error are as follows:

/usr/bin/install -c -m 775 -o nagios -g nagios -d /usr/local/nagios/etc
/usr/bin/install -c -m 664 -o nagios -g nagios sample-config/nagios.cfg
/usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg-sample
/usr/bin/install -c -m 664 -o nagios -g nagios sample-config/cgi.cfg
/usr/local/nagios/etc/cgi.cfg-sample
/usr/bin/install -c -m 660 -o nagios -g nagios sample-config/resource.cfg
/usr/local/nagios/etc/resource.cfg-sample
/usr/bin/install -c -m 664 -o nagios -g nagios
sample-config/template-object/checkcommands.cfg
/usr/local/nagios/etc/checkcommands.cfg-sample
/usr/bin/install -c -m 664 -o nagios -g nagios
sample-config/template-object/contactgroups.cfg
/usr/local/nagios/etc/contactgroups.cfg-sample
install: sample-config/template-object/contactgroups.cfg: No such file or
directory
*** Error code 71

Stop in /usr/home/admin/nagios-2.0b1.

    I found message board posts from folks that suggested copying configs
from previous versions.  After doing so and getting things running, it
appears as though there are problems even with the configs provided with the
nagios-2 tarball:

Error in configuration file '/usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg' - Line 868
(UNKNOWN VARIABLE)

    Any ideas?  Anyone know where I can get a bundle of working sample
configs for nagios-2.0b1?  Mayhaps I should wait for a non beta version I
suppose...