Monitoring Power With Nagios

Kaushal Patel kaushalpatel at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 03:22:39 CET 2005

Hello All,

I have a question. So far I've seen that Nagios is used mostly for
network monitoring only. What I wanted to know is, is it possible to
display the electrical quantities like power, voltage, current etc
with Nagios ?

For this, I've an energy meter with a webserver on board and it can
connect to ethernet. So, with the use of Nagios can we display these
results on WWW remotely ? More precisely, what I plan to do is display
those quantities in a manner similar to some online energy montioring
services available.  However those are very costly, whereas the very
fundamental logic of Nagios is monitoring for free, but this time
electrical parameters.

I hope I've mentioned clearly without any confusion and hoping to
expect some detailed suggestions.

Thanks,
Kaushal Patel
MSEE, The State University of New York at Buffalo
90 Cornell Street
Buffalo, NY 14214
Ph: 716-836-5674