Error: Could not read object configuration data!

Ovig Degrouard ovig.degrouard at jouy.inra.fr
Fri Jan 14 16:36:31 CET 2005

The return of syntax chekc is ok. There is no erros.
Now i've build a new nagios from CVS tarball (2.0b1)

I ve exactly the same error when i try to execute one CGI as status.cgi

Error: Could not read object configuration data!

Here are some things you should check in order to resolve this error:

   1. Verify configuration options using the -v command-line option to
check for errors.
   2. Check the Nagios log file for messages relating to startup or status
data errors.
   3. Make sure you've compiled the main program and the CGIs to use the
same object data storage options (i.e. default text file or template-based
file).

Step 1 is ok : no errors un cfg files
Step 2 : Some error mesg about services not configured.
[1105715151] SERVICE ALERT: localhost;HTTPS;CRITICAL;HARD;1;Connection
refused
[1105715271] SERVICE ALERT: localhost;HTTPS;WARNING;HARD;1;HTTP WARNING:
HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden

But i don't think this is the problem.

I think the problem was about access to the "object data storage": right,
 location or maybe suexec ...

So i've another question:
 - Where nagios store the results of information collect ? In which file ?

thanks