Progress and MS-SQL monitoring

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Fri Jan 14 16:35:10 CET 2005

Richard Luys wrote:

> We need to monitor Progress and MS-SQL databases on a short notice, but
> we  could not find any check-scripts for this. Is anybody aware of
> scripts  that check these databases? Is somebody working on them?

Check in the contrib section. Manual hacking might be required. You will
need the freetds libs and a bunch of perl modules or the tsql binary,
but you should find at least two plugins that can check MSSQL (it
shamelessly uses the tabular datastream protocol, so you will be able to
check sybase servers with the same plugin).

I've never heard of a Progress database server before. Sounds like
ripoff of the well-known and much-loved Postgres if you ask me.
check_pgsql is included in the standard plugin distribution. You need
the postgres development files (headers) as well as the shared (or
static) client libraries installed for the plugin distribution to find it.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer