Announcement: KDE-KickerApplet to Nagios

Gerd Mueller gmueller at netways.de
Thu Jan 13 22:20:36 CET 2005

Hi all,

since I like our tlight project at netways very much, I wanted a
trafficlight on my notebook. My notebook's OS is linux and I am using
kde as windowmanager. So I decided to write a kickerapplet. It is a very
small and simple applet but for me it is very usefull.

I published it under http://www.nagiosexchange.org -> Addon Projects ->
Notifications -> KTLight.

The applet is my very first KickerApplet and the actual release is the
version 0.2. So please regard this version still as alpha even though it
's stable and runing without any problems.

Please post every featurerequest as comment to this project on
www.nagiosexchange.org. Of course all other comments are welcome as
well.

Right now there is no documentation for this kickerapplet but it's very
simple. All you have to do is right click on it an configure it. "Nagios
URL" is used to open a browser Window after left clicking on the applet.
Copy the attached index2.html to your Nagios folder and configure it
(eg.: http://nagios.foobar.org/nagios/index2.html). "Nagios cgi-bin" is
the url to the nagios cgis. So please but something like
http://nagios.foobar.org/nagios/cgi-bin/ in.

I hope the applet is usefull.

Gerd