More on notifications and reboot monitoring

Joe Rhett jrhett at meer.net
Wed Jan 12 01:02:26 CET 2005

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 03:06:51AM -0500, Carson Gaspar wrote:
> I can't. They just don't scale to the number of hosts I need to monitor, in
> Nagios's current incarnations (including 2.0 beta).
> Is anyone else here using Nagios to monitor >1000 hosts?

I'm not sure where you get your analysis of lack of scale, but I've done
implementations that have either a larger amount of hosts (2723 last I
checked) or a larger amount of checks (700 hosts with 8-12 active checks
each) on a single nagios server.

The only sites where I've deployed distributed monitoring were due to the
need for de-centralized testing.

--
Joe Rhett
Senior Geek