Check_ping is not found

Francisco Jose Bernabe Pellicer fbernabe at cesga.es
Tue Jan 11 13:44:36 CET 2005

Hi everybody,

I'm using a program called GridICE, that uses nagios. There's a user
nagios that runs a file called kCheck.pl. Everything seems normal, but
when I check the log file (/var/log/nagios/nagios.log) there are a lot
of lines with the following warning:

[1105227891] Warning: Attempting to execute the command
"/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_ping -H 147.156.116.3 -w 3000.0,80% -c
5000.0,100% -p 1" resulted in a return code of 127.  Make sure the
script or binary you are trying to execute actually exists...

Ok, it seems crystal clear... the check_ping doesn't exists; but I think
I configured nagios correctly.

Any idea?

Cheers,

Francisco José Bernabé Pellicer
Técnico de Sistemas Grid
Departamento de Sistemas/Técnicos C.E.S.G.A
Centro de Supercomputación de Galicia www.cesga.es
Avda. de Vigo s/n (Campus Sur)
15705 Santiago de Compostela (La Coruña)
Spain