http through firewall

Matt Johnson johnsonmlw at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 10 22:54:19 CET 2005

Hi all,

I've got nagios up and running on our network. It
works a treat. Text alerts for a primary school ICT
co-ordinator? Fantastic. I don't reckon there's many
of them around :)

Now I'm trying to test a service on a host the other
side of a firewall. The firewall is *very*
restrictive. I can get through to the webserver
running on the host the other side, but the check_http
times out the socket...?

I can wget (from bash, so proxy must be set correct I
think) from the host ip and also view pages in firefox
- all *through* the firewall completely fine.

Any ideas why I can't get nagios to get an http test
through the same firewall?

Thanks for any pointers on this.

--
Matt