Dependencies - a little confused.

Thomas Earl tearl at cacdhh.org
Mon Jan 10 18:28:42 CET 2005

Greetings to all,

I think I'm a little confused about dependencies. I'm running Nagios 1.2 and
I have about a dozen hosts and maybe 3 dozen services.

I have read all the documentation and I just want to see if my thinking is
right or not... Please bare with me as I'm just getting over pneumonia so my
thinking might be a little off...

1. Hosts dependencies only effect host checks.
  So if a host check fails, Nagios will only suppress other HOST checks
again that system, not the services on that system?

2. Is it wise to have all services dependant on a check_ping service check?
Pros? Cons?

I think that's it... Thanks!

Tom

--
Thomas Earl
Network Engineer & Designer

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in
a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...'Wow! What a
ride!!'" --Jack Wilson