nagat

Stephan Janosch stephan.janosch at interface-business.de
Mon Jan 10 14:42:49 CET 2005

Jai Ganesh wrote:
> Hello,
>
> ok. i was able to setup nagios, no errors, i have
> added 2 nodes eventhough both the nodes/services are
> up, it still shows down and even i am not sure how i
> added, but it works.
>
> if i need to change the name of host, it gives me
> error in host, hostgroups cfg file. ... i need the
> files that needs to be edited for adding, i made it
> just like trial and error and somehow it shows all
> pages.
>
> what are the files that needs to be added to get it
> working ?
>
> i don't have any firewall.

Why do you work with trial and error? Can't you read the documentation?

If you have problems on reading the nagios docu, I want give you some tips:
- print it out (try to use a color laser printer to see the red entries)
- read it carefully and completly
- take a sheet of paper
- write down your config on that sheet of paper
- check your config against your printed manual

Sorry, but I(we) can't help you anymore further, if you don't even
understand the manual. We are no teachers here, we are some people from
all over the world simply using nagios.

Stephan