Segfault with 2.0b1 -- status.sav file corrupted

Schimpke, Dr. Thomas / bhn Schimpke at Lenze.de
Mon Jan 10 09:51:14 CET 2005

Hi,

last week I got some segfaults with nagios. Here's what happened:

The partition, where the nagios user lives was filled up to 100 %.
Nagios stopped working (the process was still running, though). No
problem I thought. I increased the partition size and restarted nagios.
But instead of starting nagios simply throw a core dump. After
searching, I found out, that this happened because of the "status.sav"
file, which was written incomplete to the disk. So I moved it out of the
way and nagios was happy again. After deleting the incomplete entry and
moving it back nagios started up normal.

It might be, that this behaviour might be present in the 1.x branch
also, but I did not check it.

Kind regards,

Thomas Schimpke