HP Insight and Nagios

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Sun Jan 9 17:43:41 CET 2005

Sand Philipp wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Watch out for the check_insight Plugin. I'm not sure if it's provided
>within the standard Plugins package.. If you can't find it, i can mail
>it to you, too.
>Workin fine here...
>
>/Philipp

The plugin doesn't look very useful (to me).
I've written a better one (feature-wise - code-quality is a different
issue) some time ago.
It's actually two plugins to check fans and temperatures.
Currently, I do not have access to CPQ-Hardware anymore, so I can't say
how useful it still is (maybe MIBs have changed - I don't know). It's
also written for netsaint originally - maybe it needs updating for newer
plugin-versions.
But together with an SNMP-browser, you should get an idea.

http://www.ultra-secure.de/~rainer/nagios/check_temp_cpq
http://www.ultra-secure.de/~rainer/nagios/check_fan_cpq_present

(Similar plugins exist for reading out the MIBs of FSC ServerView - but
because the semantics are slightly different, I couldn't just swap the MIBs)

Looking at it now, a cleanup in comments and help-text seems appropriate...

cheers,
Rainer

~     Rainer Duffner - rainer at ultra-secure.de     ~
~           Freising - Munich - Germany           ~
~    Unix - Linux - BSD - OpenSource - Security   ~
~  http://www.ultra-secure.de/~rainer/pubkey.pgp  ~