More sophistic notification

Jevos, Peter Peter.Jevos at Oriflame-SW.Com
Fri Jan 7 16:04:46 CET 2005

Hello
I've one question. Is Nagios capable to give more sophisticated
notifications ? What I mean ?
 Let's example. I'm monitoring on one machine few  values ( cpu, memory ,
proccesses etc) There are plugins in Nagios which can monitor these values
and send notifications if values are out of normal (warning, critical
state). But I'd like to get only one notification if group of measure values
are in critical state. To my example, one group of my measures values on one
machine are: CPUload, MEM, Proccesses. So I'd like to get notification when
all of these values are in critical state, not only two. The first purpose
of this is that 2 values on one machine in critical state doesn't' have to
be problem, but 4 or five is problem. The second purpose is to avoid to get
false alarms cause CPU in critical state could be a normal in some
environment and when you'll get hundreds notifications per day you will
probably ignore it.
So is this possible to define some group of alarms and on the basis of theme
to send notification that host is in critical state cause all of measure
values are in critical state?
Thanx a lot for an answers and ideas
peter