CHECK_NRPE is not working

Sudheer Muddappa sudheer at tgs-solutions.com
Thu Jan 6 17:41:18 CET 2005

I am having this strange problem with check_nrpe .
If I run it from command line it works.

./check_nrpe -H hostname -c check_disk1
DISK OK [217371 kB (50%) free on /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0]

If I run the same from nagios services.cfg

define service{
        host_name                       hostname
        service_description             DISK
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  server-admins
        notification_interval           240
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            u,c,r
        check_command                   check_nrpe!check_disk1
        }

I get an error  saying   No out put returned from plugin.

Am I missing any trick here?

Thanks,

--
Sudheer