INETD and NRPE daemon in solaris 8

Sudheer Muddappa sudheer at tgs-solutions.com
Wed Jan 5 23:38:20 CET 2005

Hi ,
Can some one help me to make nrpe run as a service or a daemon in
solaris 8 :(

I am not able to start the nrpe as a service in sol 8.
THis is the entry I have in inetd.conf file.

Nothing shows up in logs

nrpe    stream  tcp     nowait nagios /usr/local/nagios/nrpe
/usr/local/nagios/nrpe -c /usr/local/nagios/nrpe.cfg --inetd

THanks