New check_website plugin

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Jan 5 23:26:57 CET 2005

I'm currently developing a new plugin (in Perl) called check_website.

This is a 'user experience' check, which takes a script and simulates a user
by retrieving a web page, clicking on links, submitting forms, and so on.
It preserves parameters and cookies so that it can be used to follow dynamic
pages such as a store, or our PeopleSoft system.  I have not been able to
find any existing Nagios plugin to give this functionality.

If anyone has ever used SiteScope, it is similar in functionality to the web
site checks that package is capable of.

It can also run in MRTG-mode and return data that can be fed directly into a
MRTG system for response time graphing.

It's not yet ready for official release, but anyone interested in trying it
out and giving their opinion, please email me for a copy.

Steve

---
Steve Shipway: ITSS, University of Auckland
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz  Web: http://www.steveshipway.org/
** We can only discover new oceans when we have the **
** courage to lose sight of the shore.              **