Connecting to Mysql database from plugins

Jlnarayanan00 at aol.com Jlnarayanan00 at aol.com
Wed Jan 5 15:55:16 CET 2005

Dear Sir ,
    Thanks for your help. As you have suggested i have included the path
where my "mysql.h" folder is present in the file /etc/ld.so.conf as you have
mentioned. Now that file in my system is looks like,

/usr/kerberos/lib
/usr/X11R6/lib
/usr/lib/sane
/usr/lib/qt-3.1/lib
/usr/include/mysql

Now while giving "make all" command for the plugins i am not getting the
error that i got earlier (i.e) mysql.h file not found. But i am getting a error as
"undefined reference to `mysql_real_connect' ".
How should we compile these plugins that connect ot database ?. From the
example i searched it is said to use # gcc -l .................  command for
compiling this kind of c programs that connect to data base. If this is the case
how should i proceed for compiling my plugin ?
i will be greatful for your help.
Can anybody help me out in this issue?

Thanks,
Jaya