Connecting to Mysql database from plugins

Jlnarayanan00 at aol.com Jlnarayanan00 at aol.com
Wed Jan 5 12:06:17 CET 2005

Hi ,
        Our application  is such that our plugin needs to connect to Mysql
database to get the data.In the root directory of the linux server on which
nagios is being installed we have  the following files,
MySQL-client-4.1.7-0.i386.rpm
MySQL-devel-4.1.7-0.i386.rpm
MySQL-server-4.1.7-0.i386.rpm
MySQL-shared-compat-4.1.7-0.i386.rpm
In the new plugin we tried, we have given the statement #include "mysql.h"
(header file that contains the prototypes and variables required for MySQL).
But while giving the "make all" command for the plugins we are getting an
error as
"mysql.h: No such file or directory".

what are the steps we need to do to overcome this. Can any body help us in
this issue.

Regards,

Jaya