Query about notifications and scheduled downtime

Carson Gaspar carson+nagiosusers at taltos.org
Wed Jan 5 03:50:24 CET 2005

Having read the documentation rather thoroughly, there's one thing I still
can't figure out. Given the following timeline:

- Scheduled downtime begins for a service
- Nagios receives a non-OK passive check result for the service
- Scheduled downtime for that service ends

When will nagios check to see if it needs to send a notification for this
still-down service? The docs say that a notification will go out after
notification_interval if:

(1) a notification was already sent out about a problem with the host or
service at some point in the past and (2) the host or service has remained
in the same non-OK state that it was when the last notification went out.

There was no original notification (due to the scheduled downtime). So how
does this work? Will nagios ever tell us that we have a problem?

--
Carson