Veritas - Success/Fail

Joe Harris j_harris at tcdi.com
Tue Jan 4 23:24:29 CET 2005

Has anyone written anything to check Veritas Backup Exec jobs.  I saw in
the plugins section checking for the tape drive itself, but I have
several dozen backup jobs running and would like to check the jobs at a
glance via Nagios/web.  I imagine I could write a little script to parse
information (success/fail) from the log files and send that information
to Nagios.  If anyone already is doing such a thing I would hate to
re-invent the wheel.  Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.
Nagios is already up and monitoring a lot of gear.  I just want to add
this feature, if possible.

Thanks in Advance,
Joe Harris